Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

I have bad kidney pains atm, have had since I was caught in

Customer Question

I have bad kidney pains atm, have had since I was caught in the rain on Friday. It's now Monday afternoon, and it hasn't eased. I have no pain urinating.
I can't sit, lay, stand, walk for too long at a time because it just starts hurting too much, and i have to move to another position.
I have a spinal injury, which i had surgery on about 3.5 years ago (fusion), which hasnt been completely successful irradicating the original pain.
My current regular medications are durogesic patches 25mg, 5mg oxy norm for breakthrough pain, max of 2 per day. I also interchange the oxy norm, with panadine force, up to 8 max in one 24 hour period.
At night I take two 10mg Largactil to help with sleep. Am also on 225mg effexor xr, for depression from chronic pain and dramatic life changes due to injury. Occasionally, after broken or no sleep over 2/3 days and nights, I might take a 5mg Aladorm OR a 5mg valium. But use of either of those are MAYBE once a fortnight.
I have been on most of these medications for the best part of 3-4 years now, but they were originally much higher. I've been slowly cutting down from at least double the doses of the pain killers, and my aim is to rid myself of the majority of all tablets.
I don't have fevers, Im not nauseous or vomiting, and have no other feeling of illness. No diarrhea. But the pain in the kidneys just won't stop.
Do you have any ideas?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Hi and welcome,

This can be muscular spasm instead of kidney pain. I think you refer to pain in lumber region. I would suggest you to apply ibuprofen gel over the area and can take two tablet tylenols once and apply warm compresses and massage lightly with olive oil over the area, this would relieve spasm and pain. If symptoms does not improve in a day or two get a physical examination by your GP.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.