Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

My 89 year old mother is impacted couple days little bits

Customer Question

My 89 year old mother is impacted for a couple days little bits are coming out. I tried a suppository no luck . She does have dementia. Has had back problems for years and is on 1-2 vicodens a day. Sitting on commode now. Still no luck. Should I give magnum citrate or go to ear?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No what about the magnesium citrate??
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 8 months ago.

Hello

You should take here to the ER.

This can be dangerous, and I have seen impacted older people develop a sepsis picture from this.

And, she can not communicate well enough to tell you what is going on.

In the ER than can disimpact her, do an x ray, etc.

Keeping her safe.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you

anytime

Please click a positive, that is the only way we are paid.

see the scale at the top of this page.