Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

I have a 28 year old downs syndrome daughter who has become

Customer Question

I have a 28 year old downs syndrome daughter who has become uncooperative .she refuses to leave house to go anywhere. I know she needs to be seen by Dr its been nearly 3 years. She stays in her bedroom most of time except to go to bathroom . we love her dearly but I afraid to goon without having medical checkups in gear of thinkin g she's being neglected. I'm considering just calling 911 maybe they can sedate her so she can been seen at hospital it wpud put my mind at ease. My husband is also disabled and we have more less built our world around her but wouldn't have it any other way
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 7 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question .

I am sorry to hear about your daughter .

If she is confined to her room , and she isolated herself this indicates that she has developed depressive illness and isolation is one of the feature of depression .

It would be ideal for you to get Psychologist/Psychiatrist support in addition to general medical examination .

So yes you can take help of 911 for that , as she need help from specialist at this stage .

Regards ***** ***** her good health .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .