Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I believe I have a uti. I have a fever, chills,frequent

Customer Question

I believe I have a uti. I have a fever, chills,frequent urination. I have been drinking cranberry juice and lot of water. But no real relief. The shoppers pharmacist suggested I call you and that tou could fax a prescription to Shoppers(###) ###-####
Thank you.
Phyllis Dalgarno
Category: Medical
Expert:  drcaplan replied 7 months ago.

Hi Phyllis,

Welcome to the chat dialog.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. Perhaps most importantly, I consider myself a patient listener.

I have read your post and observations.

You should be aware that this forum is not a conduit for physicians to send prescriptions to patients, but rather a forum of advice.

Expert:  drcaplan replied 7 months ago.

It is against the law at both a state and federal level for doctors to prescribe medications to patients without in-person visits which typically also include physical exams.

Expert:  drcaplan replied 7 months ago.

Although it is certainly possible that you have a UTI, there are some other possibilities that are different than a UTI, and which might be very concerning for your health. These should be discerned by a clinician in person, with a physical exam.