Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

Is this real>?, I had a burning feeling in my leg that

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: is this real> ?
JA: I'm the Doctor's Assistant. I work with them to help customers like you.
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I had a burning feeling in my leg that went down to my knee in a straight line and it hurt to touch. also I think my node was swollen.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: my lymph node in my groin was sore
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I'm prescribed tetracycline and I know it can get ride of bacteria infections and UTI's so I got my tetracycline refilled and it went away.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: what do you think it is?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 7 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love, and I will be glad to assist you today.

You are correct that the tetracycline is an antibiotic that can help treat a variety of germs and infections. Since the teteracycline helped, that would suggest that the symptoms were due to an infection. And with the burning pain that you describe along with the swollen lymph node, that would suggest that this was an infection of the soft tissue and lymph node. The exact location in the soft tissue cannot be stated. For example, it could be in the subcutaneous tissue, which would be called a cellulitis, or along the lymph vessels, which would be called a lymphangitis.

It is worth noting that had you asked what are the common causes of burning pain in the leg before taking the antibiotics, there also would be concern about a variety of nerve problems, either a primary nerve problem or musculoskeletal conditions that press on the nerve, such as in the lower back. But the association of the burning pain with the swollen lymph node and the improvement with antibiotics would indicate that there is no concern about any nerve problem.

As long as the symptom remain gone, there is no need for further concern or evaluation.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know,