Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

My daughter is pregnant and I had a stool test that showed

Customer Question

My daughter is pregnant and I had a stool test that showed that I had Klebsiella Oxytoca . I was going on a trip with her but now don't know if I can give it to her? Am I contagious?Thank you
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I have had C Diff for 4 years but it took 4 years to find it in my stool so my doctors have been chasing the wrong cause of my diarrhea. I got it after taking Clindamycin after a dental procedure. I have only done natural pathetic treatments so far. Trying to decide if I should do the 14 days of Vancomycin at 125mg 3X but now with KO what do I do?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 8 months ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya experienced Physician attending you.

First thing, C Diff no natural treatment works. You need to be started on antibiotics.

Klebsiella Oxytoca is a highly infectious organism, and it should be treated vigorously by antibiotics or it can cause serious complications.

Please go to a Physician, so he can start with antibiotics that can treat both organisms.

Meropenam, gentamicin combinations may be required.

I don't think you can go to a trip before heading to a doctor.

Please feel free to ask if any further questions. If done for now, please leave a positive rating

[Request to click on the 5th star] above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today.

We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

You can always reach me with "For Dr. Chaithanya only" in the medical or health categories.

Below link is the fastest way to reach me,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

A little bonus from your side is welcome and highly appreciated!

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com