Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I have a few questions regarding lab results... ANA 1:160,

Customer Question

I have a few questions regarding lab results...
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: ANA 1:160, ch50 greater than 60, MO% 1.6 , MPV 7.7 vit D on lower end . I originally saw doc for fatigue. Got full body rash for about a day in a half shortly after appt... They gave me prednisone. Now having back and shoulder pain and stiffness after I wake up. I'm pretty concerned but don't go back to doc for 3 weeks. Any ideas on what this could mean?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Just curious as to why the fatigue is getting worse
JA: Our top Doctor is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Doctor in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Doctor until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 7 months ago.

You need an ANA panel

This is not a high titre of ANA and can mean nothing.

It can also mean problems such as lupus.

the other labs are not indicative of anything specifically, lower end is fin on the mpv and ch50 alone is not meaningful.

You should be working with a rheumatologist at this point.

An ANA panel with ANA sub types will give more information.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.