Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My dentist said this is calculus on my #18: so I decided to

Customer Question

Hi, my dentist said this is calculus on my #18: http://s12.postimg.org/oj9tbnqil/tooth.jpg so I decided to try to remove it with my scaler but I can't. Is this really calculus?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

There are two types of calculus, one is mineral and one is non mineral, the non mineral calculus is easy to remove and can be scaled off at home. But the mineral calculus embeds in the enamel of the teeth and can not be removed by a scaler at home. It will have to be removed with a powered or ultrasonic scaler at your dentists. That is why the calculus on the #18 is not coming off.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 12 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

Wish you good health.