Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I received blood tests results and saw that IGg levels was

Customer Question

I received blood tests results and saw that IGg levels for vzv was positive at 165 and my Kevel was 1039 what does such a high number indicate
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 8 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

What is meant by a Kevel?

I had asked for some clarification and have not heard back, so will address the VZV IgG level. The IgG are the type of antibodies that are formed to many different germs that infect the body. The body will actually form IgM antibodies first, that only last for a limited period of time, and then makes IgG antibodies that will persist for the rest of your life. When there are elevated IgG antibodies present to any germ, including VZV (the varicella-zoster virus, or chickenpox virus), it only means that there has been antibodies formed to that germ.

It is also possible to form antibodies because of a vaccine, but at age 49, it is much more likely that you developed antibodies because of a prior infection, usually chickenpox as a child.

The amount of elevation does not mean anything beyond any positive result.

If you can clarify what is meant by Kevel, then I would be glad to address that result, as well.