Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

I am just checking to see what the best way to taper off

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I am just checking to see what the best way to taper off Nucynta is. I've been on 50 mg 4x a day for 5 years. I have been tapering to 3 a day for the last two days without problems, and my plan is to get down to 1-1/2 a day over the next 3 weeks. Is this a reasonable plan to not get withdrawal.
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have pretty severe adrenal hyperplasia which causes hypertension, but I take Doxasosin, Clonidine (both oral and patch) and Norvasc. I just would really like to get off narcotic medication for my chronic pain, and try more alternatives such as acupuncture.
JA: Our top Doctor is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Doctor in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Doctor until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Nucynta is a weak opiate.

Hence better to taper slowly.

Best option will be to lower by 1 pill every week.

So stay on 3 pills daily a week then so on.

Should be ok.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile: