Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

About a month or so back i had an immediate urge to urinate

Customer Question

About a month or so back i had an immediate urge to urinate and could barely hold it till i got to the bathroom. At that time, i was urinating frequently with pain after i finished. I then saw some traces of blood in my urine that night when i was experiencing all that pain. The next morning i went to my gynocologist. He did a culture and it showed some bacteria but a moderate amt of blood. I was referred to a urologist who did another culture and it came back normal. I still feel pressure associated with gas
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I took bactrim for 7 days. The frequency is not ao much of an issue but i do feel some burn, not while urinating just in that area at times.
JA: Our top Doctor is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Doctor in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Doctor until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 8 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Can be due to the urethral irritation from recent bacterial infection.

Since Bactrim improved frequency, the blood and symptoms were likely due to the infection.

Should continue to improve over time.

Over the counter Pyridium tablet ( Azo) can be tried for symptomatic relief.

If your symptoms still persist after a week, you will need a repeat urine test to look for resolution of blood.

Persistent blood in urine will suggest likely bladder lesion.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 8 months ago.

Hello

You should go back to the urologist.

Your findings were not clear for infection.

You should not have blood in your urine now.

Observable blood is NOT typical of infection.

You need investigation of your bladder and possibly kidneys.

Likely the urologist needs to do a scope now.

I am a double board certified US doctor.

Please click a positive

Find me anytime.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.