Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I had a bad respiratory virus about a month ago. I just had

Customer Question

Hi I had a bad respiratory virus about a month ago. I just had blood work and my neutrophils are 35.0 adn my lymphocytes are 46.9 is that anything to worry about. My tsh is also 5.9 will I need medication. I really don't want to go on anything.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

Your neuttrophils and lymphocytes do not raise concerns at the moment. But your TSH is high which means that you are hypothyroid and with 5.9 and any symptoms like sleepiness, constipation, weight gain, decrease in appetite, confusion and mental slowness you will need to see an Endocrinologist and will need some form of thyroid replacement therapy like levothyroxine.

Hope this helps.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 months ago.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars at the top right corner of the screen.

Best wishes.