Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

I have a little lump on my side abdomen and I think it may

Customer Question

I have a little lump on my side abdomen and I think it may be a lipohypertrophy lump. It was caused from injecting GHRP-6.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 7 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Yes, this lump could be due to lipohypertrophy, but it is unclear what question you are asking about the lump.

How can we be of assistance?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
its only the size of my thumb nail, but i wish for it to go asap as i am a swimmer and barely wear a top. and it is embarrassing.

There is no easy way for it to go away quickly. The usual management of lipohypertrophy from injections is to simply avoid further injections into the area, and the hypertrophy will gradually subside. If the injections will be continued, then it is important to rotate injections among many different areas to avoid development elsewhere.

The only option that will get rid of the lump quickly would be surgical excision. It is a minor surgical procedure and can be done using local anesthesia, but it is still a procedure. There also has been successful treatment of more severe cases of lipohypertrophy using liposuction, but it would probably be easier to remove a small lump by a simple excision.

If you really want to get rid of it quickly, then you would need to discuss surgery with your doctor, but your doctor may still say that it is preferable to give it time to subside gradually.

Is there any other information that would be helpful?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yeah I'm just wondering how long it will take to subside?

It can vary significantly, from a few months to years. Larger areas obviously can take much longer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
is there a possibility it wouldn't be that. and could be another lump from injecting peptides?

It is possible to develop scarring at injection sites that can form into a small lump that would be called a fibroma, but these are less common than lipohypertrophy.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
will this help for a diagnostic? Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
admittedly, i have been putting pressure on it to try and make it less obvious.

It is impossible to differentiate a lump of fatty tissue from a lump of fibrous tissue by the external appearance. It would require feeling the lump during examination.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it has a thick lining surrounding it, with a bit of puss inside.

If there is pus inside, then it would not be a simple lump and it would not be lipohypertrophy. It would be a type of infection of the skin. If there is a greater amount of pus surrounded by fibrous tissue, then it could be an abscess. If there is pus, then it would be better to see your doctor for consideration of antibiotics.

On the other hand, if it is an infection, this is a problem that can be treated well and will typically resolve quickly with antibiotics.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
you believe it being that is a higher chance than lipohypertrophy from the picture i sent?and how long would an antibiotic course take to get rid of it?

I cannot say that it is a higher chance from the picture, but because of your statement that there is pus inside. I do not see any pus in the picture, so I can only go by your statement that there is pus. But if there is pus, that is typically de to infection.

Antibiotics will usually clear up skin infection within a few days to a week or so. If there is a large amount of pus, there may also need to be drainage of the pus, that can make an immediate difference in the size, but the overall infection will still take a few days to a week or so to clear.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
well I'm not saying its 100% puss. its just soft tangible stuff inside.

If you are thinking that it might be pus, it would still be better for you to be seen, as we would rather not let a potential infection go untreated for any significant length of time.

And as i said above, a skin infection is something that can be readily cleared with treatment. I realize that nobody wants to have an infection, but it is a condition that can be readily treated.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
alright thank you sincerely :)

You are most welcome.

I hope that I have answered all your questions and provided excellent service.