Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I had a urinalysis down since I was having right flank

Customer Question

I had a urinalysis down since I was having right flank pain.It came back with WBC Esterase Trace Abnormal and Casts Present Abnormal (hyaline)
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Having right flank pain and achy. I am homebound, so Bayada nurses came out and took a urine sample.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I take Bumax everyday and getting my potassium checked tomorrow. Now I am dealing with severe stomach pains.
JA: Our top Doctor is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Doctor in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Doctor until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

This could be due to inflammation in the ureter due to debris or a stone, that is why there are inflammatory cells in the urinalysis.

This can happen due to dehydration coupled with physical stress during travelling. I would suggest that for now you keep yourself hydrated and drink water or oral hydration solution like Gatorade or Pedialyte every half an hour and keep your intake between 100 ml per hour. I would also suggest that you drink a sodium citrate sachet available OTC mixed with water thrice a day and cranberry juice. Ask the nurses to give you an antisapsmodic like hyoscine butyl bromide oral or IV.

For the pain, you should take Tylenol 2 tablets every 6 hours for now.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.