Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I am a 36 year old male in good health. Non-smoker. I cycle

Customer Question

I am a 36 year old male in good health. Non-smoker. I cycle mass gainer for three to 4 months at a time while lifting regularly and then will cycle stimulants/thermogenics during a cutting phase to slim down. A victim of too many vacations back to back along with a wedding and honeymoon, it's definitely time to shred some pounds. In the past, I've used Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite which is primarily caffeine based I think and also Rocket (GNC product) that combines synephrine and caffeine anhydrous. I preferred the rocket, although I'd be somewhat tired the last few hours a day if i didn't re-up with some coffee. I just bought what was presented as a cutting-edge thermogenic called "Performix Iridium SSTi" from GNC. I see it has both synephrine and caffeine as well. It recommends 2 capsules as a dose but doesn't suggest a frequency. Taking two before breakfast gives a good sustained energy until afternoon, and then I feel I'm dragging. Based on the components in the Performix, how often can I take a dose? Would it be safe to take a second dose in the afternoon? Or perhaps one additional capsule? I don't want to take unnecessary risks, but would like to increase my intake daily if it's reasonably safe to do so.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

This is Dr. David

wow, you are asking this information from doctors online.

most doctors would not recommend using such synephrine and caffeine to loose weight.

this taxes your heart and your kidneys

if you drank 2-4 cups of coffee in the morning, you would have sustained energy up to noon.

the good part of coffee is that you have fluids going in your body

when you take these capsules, if you don't drink enough water, you can damage your kidneys.

you really should only take 2 of the Performix a day, but it sounds like you are looking to take more, like one or two more in the afternoon.

make sure you drink at least a gallon of water a day to help flush your kidneys and help eliminate out creatinine and toxins out of your system.

let me know if you have other questions.