Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Neurologist/Internist with academic and clinical experience.
64994909

I have a couple of questions regarding v, ok, i recently had

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: i have a couple of questions regarding hiv
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: ok
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: i recently had unprotected oral sex with an escort is it possible i can catch hiv
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. The answer is Yes, you can get STD's from unprotected oral sex, either fellatio, cunnilingus, or analingus. The STD's most commonly transmitted through unprotected oral sex include gonnorhea, chylamydia, and syphillis. Other less likely STD's include HPV (human papilloma virus), HIV, and Herpes Simplex type I and II. So the best strategy is to get tested. Usually at 2 weeks, then again at 3 months. See your doctor or go to a public testing clinic. Please get back to me if you have questions and I will respond, or if satisfied with this answer, please remember to rate this service by clicking on the rating stars as that is how I am compensated for this work. thanks *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately i can not get tested because im in a country that doesnt tolerate stds and ill get deported if i was positive for any. What are the chances i could get hiv? And would allergy symptoms be likey to be seroconversion at 18 days?
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

You are most likely not going to have any symptoms from HIV transmission, not a histamine response as seen in an allergic response. Oral HIV transmission is extremely low, but it is thought to be rate dependent on location around the world, nutritional status, a variety of variables. There are no hard numbers. There was one study of 722 HIV patients taken for the world congress, where oral transmission could have occurred in 8, so that risk ration is just over 1% of all HIV transmission, which is low in most countries. I hope that helps. Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.

I hope I was able to answer your questions. Please remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars if satisfied, as that is how I am compensated for answering your question. Thanks *****