DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I have been having on and off headaches while. Last weekend

Customer Question

Hello. I have been having on and off headaches for a while. Last weekend I had a bad headache my lips went numb and were shaking really bad. My left hand has constant pins and needle sensation. Everyday I have at least two-three headaches. I went to see a pa and he ordered a ct but we have to wait until an insurance issue is cleared up
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have hypothyroidism
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 10 months ago.

Hi

What is your question about your headaches?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm more concerned with the numbness in my hand. It doesn't have as much strength and the headaches are coming more frequently.

OK

A stroke, mini stroke, is possible.

MS can rarely present like this.

A problem in the cervical spine, such as transverse myelitis.

This is caused by infection.

I would go to the ER if this is progressing.

If it comes and goes, there is an entire neurological workup that needs to be done.

An MRI is definitive, not a CT.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.