Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Have severe cold, throat infection and stomach pain while

Customer Question

Hi, I am Saran, have severe cold, throat infection and stomach pain while cough, lost my voice  for couple of days.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: have cold, sore throat last one week. am taking mucinex for cold. kefpod (antibiotic for throat infection - twice a day)
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: last two days, cough while sleeping and stomach pains
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hello

I am really not sure what your question is for us.

A typical cold lasts for several days to a week or more.

There is no cures.

If you have a bad sore throat, you must rule out strep, that is most important.

For this, get a rapid strep test at your doctors or any urgent care. Strep is something you want to eradicate.

This sounds like a viral illness, but you should be getting better, noticeably after 3 to 5 days.

If not, you need further attention. You should also have your throat checked.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Since you are still feeling ill I'd suggest you see your primary care MD for a quick check. You could have very well developed a secondary bacterial infection.

Better safe than sorry.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS