Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I've had ovararian cysts in the past. I'm pretty sure I have

Customer Question

I've had ovararian cysts in the past. I'm pretty sure I have one now. I've had pain for over a week. Called my dr and she set up an altrasound. Have to wait a few more days. My period started. Had a night with awful cramps but, still have pressure and stabbing pains. My main concern is that haven't been able to have a bowl movement in over a week. My dr said to go to the hospital if I get worse. My question is should I go? I've been taking Advil for the pain and it helps. I don't feel good though and I'm afraid it's just going to get worse.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 8 months ago.

Not having had a bowel movement for one week could be one of the main causes the cramps that you are having.

I would strongly recommend that you should use an enema or a suppository.

If your symptoms persist you must go to the ER as you may require treatment in the emergency in the form of enemas administered in the emergency or even manual evacuation of your bowels.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end when you are done.

Kindest regards