Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

My wife had surgery on 3/7, she was released at 7 pm. I took

Customer Question

My wife had surgery on 3/7, she was released at 7 pm. I took her to a hotel for the night and back home 3/8. She was in a lot of pain and not able to get around well. On 3/9 she had a 2 inch in diameter purple looked like her intestate was extruding from her rectum. We got a hold of the Doctor and was told it was hemroids. Her surgery was a female rectocele, vaginal enterocele, interstitial cystitis, vaginak mesh erosion into vaginal wall in it. Last night she wanted to eat but was disorinatated and wondered around and refused to lay down or rest. When I talk to her she seems to be aware of her surroundings, I fell a sleep about 1 am this morning, when I woke up about 7am she had not been to bed. I found her on up stairs in our store room, she said she was taking a bath, we don't have a bathroom up there. I told her that and she seems to be halocinating. I don't know what she has taken and I don't know what to do.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.

This is Dr. David

if she is hallucinating, you need to bring her back to the hospital ER for evaluation.

the ER doctors can run some tests and see what is going on

she needs her urine checked for urinary tract infection which can cause hallucinations.

she needs blood tests to check for elevated WBC count which can be a sign of infection and can cause hallucination.

she needs blood test to check hemoglobin levels which could be low if she is bleeding internally.

call up 911 and have an ambulance bring her to the ER for testing

she also needs a scan of the brain as well

the ER doctors can call up her surgeons and let them know what is going on

let me know if you have other questions.

do you have any other questions?