Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I had stage 2 nodular melanoma removed from my lower leg in

Customer Question

I had stage 2 nodular melanoma removed from my lower leg in September. Lymph node tested negative. Last week I had small mole removed from side of toe as a precaution surgeon didn't think it suspicious but just to be on the safe side. He wants to see me in 2 weeks when whole histology is back all I can get out of his secretary is that the results are inconclusive. I cant believe its Mel it looked so innocuous but what else could it be. I'm sick with worry now. I'm 69 year old fit female.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: The mole was on the other side from previous tumour. I had it as long as I can remember was on the outside of index toe sat proud. Quite small not irregular normal colour I only had it removed as I know I never put sunscreen on and been exposed to sun through wearing sandals.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $29 after the Doctor responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

Even if it is melanoma it is so small that there would be no concern with it

If it was serious he would have you come in sooner than two weeks

it could be another milder cancer like basal cell or squamous

Thanks for this question.

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)

If you have more questions, just reply.