Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

I have a question i have a pain in my chest its really bad i

Customer Question

Hey
I have a question i have a pain in my chest its really bad i just started antibiotic and its hurting more is that normal and my body is really like working toward underneay my chest and i feel really bad
Category: Medical
Expert:  Ken replied 11 months ago.

I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.

Are there associated symptoms like fever, cough, difficulty in breathing? Do you have any diagnosed medical condition? Were any investigations obtained to see for the cause of the pain? Does pain increase with activity/ deep breathing?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it does increase with activitu deep breathing they say all kinds of different things in clinique they prescripe me anti acide and now antibiotic and its not feeling better i feel almost worse is it normal
Expert:  Ken replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for additional information. I am happy that there are no associated symptoms.

Chest pain can be due to varied causes - abnormality at the lungs {inflammation, infection}, abnormality at the pleura {generally inflammation - this causes increased pain on deep breathing}/ heart issues, abnormality at the ribs.

Infection is generally the most common cause of chest pain and is associated with fever or cough.

I would however like to rule out cardiac issue too.

Next step - Few investigations like blood tests, chest x-ray and EKG should give us more answers.

As of now - have balanced diet, adequate fluid/ Motrin, Gas-X should give relief. If it is infection - At-least 2-3 days of antibiotic dose is needed to show reduction in symptoms or severity of the infection.

Wish you well.

Best

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks alot but is it normal that when i am talking the antibiotics it hurts so mucj more
Expert:  Ken replied 11 months ago.

Infection causes pain at chest. The pain increases with movement of chest - deep breathing, taking, yawning, extra. It should take three days to show the effect.

Best