Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

How can I get a prescription? I am having a hard time

Customer Question

How can I get a prescription for adderall?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am having a hard time staying focused on daily tasks. I am a teacher and it's starting to really effect my work
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 8 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Have you discussed this issue with your regular doctor?

I had asked for some additional information and have not heard back.

If you have not yet discussed this with your regular doctor, then that would be the usual first step. However, if the issue is that you have already discussed this with your regular doctor, the next step would depend upon the outcome of that discussion. If your regular doctor thinks that the difficulty focusing is related to ADHD, but is hesitant to make the diagnosis and start treatment, then the usual next step would be to see a specialist, such as a Psychiatrist. However, if your regular doctor thinks that another issue may be present, then it would be appropriate to pursue further evaluation for other conditions.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.