Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I have a sweating sensation in the chest and upper abdomen

Customer Question

i have a sweating sensation in the chest and upper abdomen area but it feels internal (if that make sense). I have type 2 diabetes and thought maybe a nerve issue??
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: the sensation goes away during sleep. It is not painful just kind of awkward feeling.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $29 after the Doctor responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hello

It can be a nerve issue

Diabetes can cause this

So an liver or kidney problems.

B vitamin deficiencies.

Allergy

Parasites

Iron deficiency

Heavy metal toxicity

Polycythemia vera

And other problems.

See your doctor

Look at your hemoglobin A1C

Test for any other possibilities based on exam.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.