Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I had a liver cancer tumor removed july,2014. all went well.

Customer Question

I had a liver cancer tumor removed july,2014. all went well . oct, 15 they found some spots and determined I had HCC . was told its not curable and was put on nexavar , to block the cancer from spreading. I had smoked for most of my life and was told I was not a candidate for a liver transplant. I get it , I think. I did some research about RSO cannibus oil and started that treatment. my question is why ,when asked I get the same response. the medical people say they don't know much about it and do not embrace nor want to talk about it . I wuld love to know Dr. oz's take on this if I could. I know he is very busy but his opinion is valued by me. HELP! Thank you , Dave grimes
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David

cannibis oil is alternative therapy and unfortunately there is not a lot of research to support it

we know most likely it can help decrease symptoms of nausea and can help stimulate appetite and can help reduce some pain and anxiety

not much is known about its anti-cancer effect.

it is legal in some states and illegal in other states.

your medical oncologist who is giving you the nexavar may not know a lot about it either.

it has not been well studied in patients who have hepatocellular cancer.

let me know if you have other questions.