Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

If I took lortab about a week and a half before urine drug

Customer Question

If I took lortab about a week and a half before urine drug test and I take LASIx daily with water how long will it stay in my system.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had to take a urine drug test and want to know if it will show or will it be out .
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 8 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer. Thank you for requesting my assistance.

The hydrocodone in the Lortab can be detected for about 2-4 days after last use, and usually only up to 3 days. So, if it has been a week and a half since last use, there is no reason for concern that it would be detected on a urine drug test, regardless of whether you take Lasix or drink a large amount of fluid.

It is also worth noting that the hydrocodone will typically only be detected by a expanded drug test panel, as the standard opiate drug screen will usually not detect the hydrocodone. But the 2-4 day time period noted above is the period for detection if a test is used that will typically detect the drug.

So, there is no reason for you to be concerned.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.