Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I had a GTT (3 points) done today. Glucose fasting 6.7

Customer Question

I had a GTT (3 points) done today. Glucose fasting 6.7 mmol/L or 120 mg/dl. glocuse 1 hour after 75gm is 13.6 / 244.8 and 2 hours after is 8.6 / 154.8. I am a 40 oear old male. Am i considered diabetic?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: urine sugar fasting is negative but urine sugar both 1 hour and 2 hour is 4+. whilst the urine ketone for all 3 situation is negative
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $29 after the Doctor responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

This is Dr. David

fasting glucose level of 6.7 is considered prediabetic.

your glucose challange test is looking like you are in the diabetic range.

blood sugar level of 200 mg/dL (11.1 mmol/L) or higher 1 hour after high close challange indicate diabetes mellitus.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/prediabetes/basics/tests-diagnosis/con-20024420

have you talked to your doctor about these testing results?