Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

My neck suddenly acquired a crippling amount of pain on the

Customer Question

My neck suddenly acquired a crippling amount of pain on the left side. It's a kind of pain I can't describe. I can't sit up or move unless my head is tilted completely to the right. The pain is just in my neck though. There's no pain in my back. I'm only 18 years old and I don't have a history of back or neck problems. The last time I slept was 13 hours ago and the pain didn't start at all until just 20 min ago so I don't think I slept on it wrong. I also haven't done any sort of exercise or heavy lifting recently. I really don't want to have to go to the ER again because I just went in and was diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease and a month before that I went in because I broke my thumb so I'm really trying to stay away from the ER and doctors. Nothing like this has ever happened before and I would really like to know what's going on.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 11 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question ...

This is typically a presentation of neck muscles spasm and there is nothing wrong with your spine or neck vertebrae .

This usually happens because of improper posture of neck muscles while asleep or excessive strain over neck like while working on computers .

This usually takes week to completely resolve .

You should take care of neck posture , apply locally voltral gel and take Tab Ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day for 3 days .

Muscle relaxant like Tab Tizinidine 2 mg twice a day will also help you out .

So just relax have a cup of coffee and relax :).

Regards .

Please rate my answer as good service .

Thanks .