Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Dr. Love--ONLY. Love, I had a blood test yesterday. and it

Customer Question

Dr. Love--ONLY for Dr. Love,I had a blood test yesterday. and it came out with really low neutrophils and WBC. WBC was 2.4 and neutrophils were 1.2. I had had a problem with that after the chemo.Chemo stopped in August 1014, and in the spring of 2015 I had low white counts, but the oncologistthought it was because I was on so many antibiotics, and had infection in the surgical area on my right side.Went to Africa in July/August 2015 and came back and had two tests one month apart where things were much better. WBC was 3.4 and neutrophils were 2.0.Now I have this blood test and it is low again. (Red count and platelets are fine).I am now out a year and a half from chemo. Can chemo still be causing these fluctuations?I talked to the oncologist's NPractitioner, and she wasn't worried. But I didn't talk to him. I read on a blog that someone had problems with big fluctuations for 5 years--(they were 10 years out when they wrote it).
What do you think of all of this? Should I worry? I'm not on any meds that could cause this. I checked.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 9 months ago.

I have typed a response in another thread.