Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I have lower back pain, both sides, I am bloated, burping,

Customer Question

I have lower back pain, both sides, I am bloated, burping, and in general not feeling well. I can't seam to get confortable lying down at night. still feeling the pain in my back and sides. I am 60 yrs. old, active, eat well, non smoker, I drink a couple of glasses of wine a day and 1 large cup of coffee in the morning. I drink aloe vera juice twice a day, and 5 to 7 cups of water a day. any advice? Thank you.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: The last time I went to the hospital was 30 years ago. I get female check ups. each year. My Mom had her gallblatter removed.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hello

You need an immediate exam and testing.

This can be

Disc problems in the lower back

kidney problems [infection, tumor, etc.]

It can also be bowel problems with pain referred to the back....you should have had two screening colonoscopies by now, and polyps, tumor, etc. needs to be ruled out.

See an internal medicine doctor immediately.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.