Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I was just told I have diffuse emphysematous changes, along

Customer Question

I was just told I have diffuse emphysematous changes, along with a 5mm nodule in the right upper lobe and a 7mm nodule in the right lower lobe with bibasilar atelectasis. I also have hypodense thyroid lessions bilaterally they measure 15mm! Please help me to understand what are the chances of this being cancer? I'm 69 and a very heavy smoker.
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I have been coughing up blood
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $29 after the Doctor responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hello

You need a high resolution CT scan...if this was, then there is risk of cancer her.

It depends also on what the nodules look like.

They are small, good.

Please put in the report impression here