Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I found a 1-inch wiggling worm in my stool today, orange/,

Customer Question

I found a 1-inch wiggling worm in my stool today, orange/brown, slight "head". What might it be? What are other symptoms of infestation? What meds are there?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No other symptoms except that I am very tired all the time, but it'
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $29 after the Doctor responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hello!

If you were able to save the specimen you can take this to your doctor and it may be examined and identified by the lab...

If not a series of 3 stool specimens should be able to identify the specific parasite ...

Different worm species may vary some in the best treatment ..

Such a parasitic infection should be readily treated for you however

I hope that this information is helpful for you Let me know if I may be of further help

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD