Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

I usually have low blood pressure, coup,e of days I have

Customer Question

I usually have low blood pressure, for a coup,e of days I have been experiencing head aches and today I had my blood pressure read at a local supermarket and it was 74/41 after breakfast.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I am female 63 years old usually in good health.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Ken replied 10 months ago.

I am Dr ken and I will be helping you today.

What are your blood pressure readings generally? Are they as low as 74/41 always? Are you an athlete? Do you have any diagnosed medical condition?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Usually my be is 90's over 50's. I do exercise (Pilates) three times a week. I have acid reflux.
Expert:  Ken replied 10 months ago.

Diastolic around 40 worries me.

Brain needs constant flow of blood {even during heart relaxation {diastole}. Low Diastolic pressure causes less blood flow to the brain. This manifests in form of headache, giddiness, loss of consciousness. Low blood pressure can be due to varied causes like dehydration/ thyroid imbalance/ cardiac issues, extra. we need to find out the cause and treat it.

If i were you I would get medical evaluation {sooner the better} along with few investigations like blood tests.

As of now - Have balanced diet, adequate fluid, avoid alcohol, smoking.

Wish you well.

Best