Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Neurologist/Internist with academic and clinical experience.
64994909

Nausea, headache, vomiting, dehydration

Customer Question

Nausea, headache, vomiting, dehydration
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 9 months ago.

Hello. welcome to JA How can I help? can you send me additional information about your situation? Nausea headache vomiting dehydration can all be part of a headache syndrome, classically migraine headache, or can be a side effect of a viral illness for example causing gastroenteritis, diarrhea, vomiting dehydration. If you have intractable migraine, let me know what you have used for medication, or how I can help. Dr frank

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just returned from mx. I was not feeling well before i left but was fine while i was in mx. I had a bad cold that started the end of jan. I started throwing up in the am when eating carb or wheat products. The cold caused me to cough hard and hurt my back. Was not able too each much peior tho going to mx. I came back yesterday and have been throwing up, can barely keep food down. Had some rice and anti nausau over the counter syrup. Just feeling bad in general, like i was prior too going to mx.

Well as you went to mx, you have to consider montezuma's revenge, or a bacterial/prion infection of e. coli, or some bacteria. Treatment involves treatment with metronidazole (flagyl) if you suspect that based on your symptoms, that all of your symptoms are from the adventure to mx. From your description, you feel that this was really going on before you left on the trip. Eating carb or wheat products as a trigger suggests you could have some malabsorption syndrome like celiac disease??? Get back to me to discuss this further if I can help dr frank