Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Just a quick question, Thank time... Um I actually just had

Customer Question

just a quick question
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Thank for your time... Um I actually just had unprotected sex with a friend of mine. She is 100% clean and has papers... What happend was the tip of my penis felt like it was stinging for about a minute after. It's fine now. Just wondering if its from being to rough or if I should see a doctor
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 9 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

There is no concern that stinging that occurred immediately after sex would be due to any infection. There is no sexually transmitted infection that can cause symptoms that quickly. It takes at least a couple days for any germ to grow sufficiently to cause symptoms, and it usually takes longer than that. It certainly would not cause symptoms quickly after the encounter.

None of the causes of quick symptoms are worrisome. It could be related to friction from the encounter, particularly if the sex was rougher. Quick stinging or burning also can sometimes occur because of an allergy or sensitivity, most often to residual from cleaning products or cosmetics.

Since it is fine now, there is no reason for concern and no need to see your doctor.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.