Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

On 2/15/16 I tripped and fell and t my forehead on the door

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: On 2/15/16 I tripped and fell and hit my forehead on the door frame. I ended up with 15 stitches and a black eye. The ER did not take any XRays. The swelling has now gone down, but I still have a considerable knot on my brow bone that is sore if I apply pressure but completely numb if I rub it. Do you think I could have fractured my brow bone? Is there anything I can do to help this?
JA: Keeping an eye on your eyes' health is important - for most people vision is their most valued sense. Our Expert will help you with which sort of vision doctor you should visit. Is there anything else the Opthamologist should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 months ago.

This is Dr. David

fracture of the brow bone or orbital ridge is low but not zero.

you should try some ice or cold compresses on the area to decrease pain and swelling

your doctor should have ordered an orbital and skull xray series.

how old are you?

do you have a doctor you can see who can order some xrays for you?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am 40 yrs old and I do have a regular physician, but the nurse in his office said that I just have nerve damage that will take up to a year to heal. However, I have not been given an explanation for still having a knot. At this point, a month after the fall, I am not sure what good it would do to have xrays.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 8 months ago.

the knot most likely is old blood from a bruise in the area which is slow to reabsorb.

there are medications like neurotin or lyrica which can help decrease some nerve pain in the area.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com