Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

L McNeil about a creatinine level, I have had a creatinine

Customer Question

L McNeil about a creatinine level
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have had a creatinine blood test level of 1.4 for 10 years it stayed the same I have no blood pressure problems I have no sugar problems my weight is good and I'm very active lifting weights and eat a lot of red meat protein how was wondering if that level maybe just normal for me
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 year ago.

Im sorry to hear about your raised creatinine level. Now the creatinine level can rise with age which can even go upto 1.4 in some patients. However before that is considered all possible diseases which can cause the rise in creatinine level should be ruled out. This would be done with the help of urine analysis , urinary creatinine levels and by calculating your eGFR. At the same time you should also get a renal ultrasound done which would determine if the kidneys are damaged or have shrunk in size or not. While this could be normal for your age (if it is above 60) but at the same time diseases have to be ruled out under all circumstances. I would recommend a nephrologist consultation just the same.

I hope I have been helpful and this answers your query. Please remember to assign a POSITIVE/EXCELLENT feedback rating by clicking on the stars, so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge although any bonuses would be appreciated. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.

If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place and still earn a positive rating from you. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR Dr. Muneeb Ali".

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Do you have any more questions?

If you are satisfied, Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars below, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating.

Do you have any more questions?

Do you have any more questions?