Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

There is no immediate problem im researching the remedies

Customer Question

there is no immediate problem im researching the remedies for a cocaine overdose and there side effects
JA: OK. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: i smoke cocaine and i want to know if i had a problem and went to the hospital what would the do? or give me and why
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you

The normal side effects of cocaine are increased body temperature, increased blood pressure and increased heart rate.

Dangerous symptoms of over dose may be developing heart attack, respiratory failure, stroke or seizures.

There is no specific antidote for cocaine overdose. You are treated symptomatically. Benzodiazepines are used when you have high heart rate, hypertension or seizures.

IV saline is given, and icing done if temperature is very high.

Please feel free to ask if any further questions. If done for now, please leave a positive rating

[Request to click on the 5th star] above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today.

We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

You can always reach me with "For Dr. Chaithanya only" in the medical or health categories.

Below link is the fastest way to reach me,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

A little bonus from your side is welcome and highly appreciated!

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

.

Do you have any further questions, if not request for a positive rating. Thanks.