Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I have just spent a month not drinking alcohol and the first

Customer Question

I have just spent a month not drinking alcohol and the first morning after a 2 glasses of wine the night before . I have 1 session on the toilet the first stools being close to type 4 then within 20minutes another where the stools are very much like type 6. This seems to be a common event if I drink . The whole of the month my stools have been fine but not a regular morning thing . Is this an issue and should I give up drinking ?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I'm middle age and do a physical job
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 10 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question ...

Alcohol is very fatal for liver and GI tract .

However , as far as stool issue is concerned this need further evaluation , it would be ideal for you to have Stool test to see what actually is going wrong so that appropriate treatment may be offered to you .

Quitting alcohol will prevent most of the future complications , so better to avoid it .

Good luck .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .