Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Phil, My half brother is freaked out and sent me these video

Customer Question

Hi Doc Phil,
My half brother is freaked out and sent me these video stills of his penis from his iPhone. I own a home health business and will not bring this to one of the docs we work with. I'm not too concerned. Any idea what the white bump could be? That's his dilemma. I told him to just go to the doc, but he thought I or someone I work with would know. He is half Persian half asian.
Kind Regards,
Jay
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I added the photos he forwarded.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Oh he said it appeared like that after he "broke the skin".
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Does your brother have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No he has no other problems and takes no medications currently.

Thank you for that additional information.

Those look like fordyce spots. Here a good article from a highly respected source that your bother may find helpful:

http://www.dermnetnz.org/acne/fordyce.html

The good news? He will be just fine.

Of course, the best thing your brother can do if he is worried is have his primary care MD have a look at his penis....

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS