How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 28670
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a bulge about 1-2 inches that is medium hard, like a

Customer Question

I have a bulge about 1-2 inches long that is medium hard, like a vein filling up with blood, it is painful and feels some better when I put pressure on it. It is located in my vaginally area, on my right side between my vaginally opening and my anas. I am putting a hot pad on it and it seems to help some. Is this serious, should I go to the dr?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

The hard lump can be due to the infected cyst arising from the underlying skin layer.

Sebaceous cyst with fibrosis can feel firm.

This should improve with warm compress.

But sometimes may need surgical removal if becomes more painful.

Antibiotic course also may be considered.

Yes you should get it checked by your doctor in case worsening.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile: