Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Ioverheard a conversation that taking a half a teaspoon of

Customer Question

Ioverheard a conversation that taking a half a teaspoon of zam buk ointment oraly at nigg its healjng properties for stomach alcers, and i also have ibs.zam uk contaknseucalaptuscamphur, thy eoil of sassafras??
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 9 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Zam buk ointment is a product that has been used for treatment of ulcers, and there is some anecdotal evidence that it is effective. However, there are no studies in the medical literature that shows that this product is effective in the treatment in humans. There is some evidence that some of the ingredients can be helpful in animal studies, including activity against a germ that is commonly involved in causing stomach ulcers, but these studies have not yet been confirmed in human studies.

So, since there is some anecdotal evidence, it is reasonable to consider this product for long term management. However, doctors would typically prefer to use an intervention that has more solid evidence of effectiveness in human studies, particularly if there is acute illness due to stomach ulcers.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

If I can assist you with any future questions, I can be reached through my profile at www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-DrDLove/