Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

Can I take serrapeptase when also taking asprin and plavix

Customer Question

Can I take serrapeptase when also taking asprin and plavix because of stent placement in my heart?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I am 75 years old and have had three stents placed in my heart in june of 2015 while suffering a heart attack. I was put on plavix and asprin. Can I use Serrapeptase?
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Doctor now?
Customer: yes
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear about your past medical history. Regarding Serrapeptase, there is an interaction between it and aspirin along with plavix. Since aspirin and plavix slow the clotting in your body, using serrapeptase with it might potentiate the effects and lead to bleeding and bruising in your body. That is why you should NOT use it on your own, the only way that you can use it is with the approval of your doctor who can monitor you for this potentially dangerous interaction.

I hope I have been helpful and this answers your query. Please remember to assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge although any bonuses would be appreciated. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.

If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place and still earn a positive rating from you. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR Dr. Muneeb Ali".

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Do you have any more questions?

If you are satisfied, Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars below, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating.

Do you have any more questions?

Do you have any more questions?

Do you have any more questions?

Do you have any more questions?