Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Neurologist/Internist with academic and clinical experience.
64994909

I get extreme migraines from time to time and someone told

Customer Question

I get extreme migraines from time to time and someone told me I can have a natural by using marijuana I am interested in acquiring a license to purchase for this purpose. Can you help?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I do not have high blood pressure or heart condition just when under stressful situations I get pounding migraines.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. I will review your statement and reply shortly. Please read this preliminary answer and respond. Dr Frank

I am not exactly sure what you mean by acquiring a license. I am a Neurologist in New York State, we are going through the process of being able to prescribe marijuana from 5 distributor/growing sites that are being set up around the state. As a physician with a DEA license and a special license for prescribing Suboxone, I have to attend a certification class and pass a test before I will be issued the license to write for marijuana as it will be processed as an oil (I believe). So at least in NYS, you need a medical license to prescribe. Please get back to me to discuss this further, maybe I am missing something. Dr Frank

If you wish to discuss treatment for migraine with more conventional migraine medications, please just get back to me with a list of what you have tried, how often are your headaches, do you feel them coming on, do you get visual symptoms, or what? etc. Dr Frank