Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I'm a m2f wondering what will happen if I take estrogen

Customer Question

Hi. I'm a m2f wondering what will happen if I take estrogen bought off the internet My name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've been wondering of other natural ingredients would help to achieve the feminine look
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

how old are you?

How tall are you and what do you weigh?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I may do the skype thing later if needed. How much added cost is this? I am 33 years old, I weigh 240 lbs (down from 320) I don't have any other issues and I'm not on medications. FYI, my resting heart rate is around 135/90.The estrogen in question is called Oestrogel. A company in France sells it non prescription and 5 grams (1-2 teaspoons ) is to be applied on the lower arms every morning. There are other female hormone blends sold on Amazon available to the transgender crowd. I'm looking into options on going this way or possibly getting a doctor that would be able to do the hormone work via the mail if that's available.

Thank you for that additional information.

I can send you a skype offer and you can sign up if you want. We could also do a phone call Let me know what works for you.

Using those hormones yourself is very dangerous. I would strongly recommend that you not do that.

So. What can you do?

Get under the care of a team experienced with gender transition. This way you will get the best total result possible in the safest conditions.

as an aside, the BP you have posted is high enough to need evaluation by a doctor and possible medical management.

Also, congrats on the excellent weight loss!

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry for the delay, why is it very dangerous to take these kinds of hormones? What can happen to me if I go on them?
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hello

The other expert opted out.

I am a clinical medical doctor, double board certified.

Estrogen creams, unapposed, can be dangerous long term in terms of stroke, heart attack and cancer.

In addition, getting non prescription off the internet is not reliable, either in terms of dose, or content.

That is why you need to be working with a professional.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok what would be considered "long term use" 3 months? 6 months? or 1-2 years? And where can I find a professional considering that, my questions on this site have been handed off from one doctor to another. So far, you are the third doctor to handle my inquiries.

I am a double board certified US doctor.

You can always find me by request in medical.

I am here daily and will not hand you off. I give fast, comprehensive, safe and accurate answers.

Ideally, any hormone replacement is monitored and adjusted based on labs.

Long term use on your own would be more than a few years, and not advised.

What city and state are you in?