Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Both of my breasts have been feeling tight all day. Is this

Customer Question

Both of my breasts have been feeling tight all day long. Is this a sign of a heart attack. I had to go to the er due to chest pain. The doctor ordered an ekg and cardiac enzymes. They came back negative. What should I do?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

how old are you?

Male/female?

how long ago did you go to the ER?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

since you have been evaluated at the ER and found not to be having a heart attack you can rest easy that your breast pain is not due to problems with your heart.

That being said, the source of your chest pain is still undiagnosed from what you have posted.

So. What should you do?

I suggest you make an appointment to see your primary care MD (or your OB/GYN if you are female) for a complete exam. If the breast pain continues she may want to do additional studies to get to the bottom of your pain.

I am glad, however, to hear that your heart checked out OK.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm 46, female. I was in the emergency room on 2/21/2016
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The doctor also said I have low magnesium

From what you have posted, it sounds like you going to be OK. I would not worry about your magnesium being a bit low.

If you are still having breast pain going to your OB/GYN would be the next step.

One thing more: Breast cancer does not usually cause breast pain.

Does this make sense?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS