Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have experienced sulfate gas, been burping gross smells,

Customer Question

I have experienced sulfate gas , been burping gross smells, darting stinky , have bad over due breath that fills entire home room... Even after I shower brush my teeth.. seem to worsen after too.. I also recently got an infection in my cheeks.. last month around the 14th.. took antibiotics .. and it still carrying on till this day ... Oh yea sometime it's hard to poop.. I go with out pooping over three days ... I don't like the feeling and Ifeel caged in... What to do plz help me.. or tell me what I think I might have.. cuz I can't figure out how to find what will make it feel better..
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Oh yea and my neck tenses up every time I'll massage it and it's rest for a bit but tenses right back up .. ??
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 9 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

How long have you been having the GI symptoms?

Have you taken any medicines to help with the GI symptoms?

When you say an infection of the cheek, is this an infection of the skin or is it deeper than the skin?

Which antibiotic have you been taking that is not clearing the infection?

I had asked for some further information and have not heard back, but I wanted to male the comments that can be made.

There are a couple of GI problems that may be present. If this has been a chronic symptom, it is likely that you are having some acid reflux, also called gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD. There are several over the counter medicines that can help with GERD, such as ranitidine or omeprazole.

For the difficulty having bowel movements, fiber is a reasonable first step, and the fiber intake can be increased to 25-35 grams per day, between fiber in the diet and in supplements/pills. If fiber is not sufficient, then another step that can be added would be a stool softener, such as docusate.

The usual medicine that would be used for the neck would be an anti-inflammatory medicine, such as ibuprofen or naproxen, but these medicines can exacerbate acid irritation syndromes, so it would be better to use acetaminophen.

As for the persistent infection, the next step would depend upon the nature of the infection and the antibiotics that have been tried thus far, which is why I asked for this information.

Please let me know if I can provide any clarification.