DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

Why would my BP drop to 86/42 with a pulse of 121? I was

Customer Question

Why would my BP drop to 86/42 with a pulse of 121? I was sitting eating a salad. I tried to lay down, but that didn't help. All areas of my body where the pulse can be taken, just ached!! My wrists, my neck, my chest, even part of my legs. I spent night before last in the local ER FOR 8 hours!! I walked out with a prescription of Zantac to take with my Prilosec OTC.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

HI

what did they find in the er

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They did a sonogram, but spent more time on my gall bladder. He say there are no clots that he could see. They didn't even check my back, like they did for the G. Bladder.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My first episode was 12/2015. It has has been happening more frequently now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still with me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is obviously a scam.......
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I'm wrong then communicate with me!!!
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

OK

There is a list of possibilities.

Heart problems.

Nervous system problems, called autonomic neuropathy. This has to be diagnosed with a tilt table test.

You need to see a cardiologist for that.

Liver or kidney disease with dehydration.

It sound like it is either heart related, or nervous system related. Autonomic neuropathy.

You need to see an internal medicine doctor. The ER is not going to investigate this.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.