Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have been doing heavy squats with a barbell ( at least),

Customer Question

Hi, I have been doing heavy squats with a barbell (for me at least), 315 lbs. x 10 reps, 365 x 3, & 385 x 1 (singles) ... I have been experiencing hemorrhoid problems after bowl movements, but usually the swelling subsides by itself after a while (an hour or so) and after a warm shower in lieu of a sits bath ... This last Thursday I used Prep. H to calm the swelling down and after it did I still felt a bit of a burning sensation in the area ... I went to the gym and did the legs (see supra for reps) and also several sets for 10 of 225 lbs. ...
I started feeling the pain in the perineal area the next day and was in some discomfort, plus I felt lethargic and weak, which I attributed to overdoing the heavy lifting at the gym ... On Saturday I felt even more weak and lethargic and the Perineum area (between the scrotum and anus was swollen and felt like there was a ball of swelling in there ... After a bowel movement it started to hurt really bad, but after a warm shower and washing the area with warm water, the pain abated ... I have started getting the chills and felt weak, I took several naps and the pain was dull and constant ... I slept throughout the night but awoke frequently with the dull pain persisting and chills coming and going ... I have not difficulty urinating, bowel movement is a bear ...
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 9 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

You may have developed a rectal infection.

Rectal abscess formation is possible.

The persistent weakness and chills suggest the likelihood of infection and bacterial toxin.

You should go to the ER for further evaluation without delay.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/