Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I am 78 years old and last 35 years have not put on weight

Customer Question

I am 78 years old and for the last 35 years have not put on weight anywhere except my stomach. My Father and Grandfather were the same but more sturdily built.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Over the years I've had some back and knee ops and still some joint pains but am reasonably active for my age. What would you suggest as regards ***** ***** treatment. My name is*****
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question ...

As you mentioned you are physically active , as far as drug treatment is concerned you shouldnot use any pills for that .

But yes brisk walk for 30 minutes at last 5 days a week is very healthy activity .

And this is recommended by American heart association (AHA ) for healthy heart and body , so this will be ideal for you .

Proceed for that .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .